UX Job Interview Prep In A Weekend
How to be ready to talk about your projects and nail design exercises.
A UX portfolio gets you in the door ...
But your interview skills are what will set you apart from the rest.
If you want to stand out from other candidates, you have to be prepared for the job interview including questions that may be asked, presenting your portfolio, and executing design exercises.
Yes, it's nerve wracking and you might be nervous about:
- Knowing what types of questions you'll be asked
- Freezing up when they ask you to do a live design exercise
- Talking about the projects in your portfolio
- Dealing with phone interviews and in person sessions
What's included in UX Job Interview Prep In A Weekend:
🎬 45 minutes of teaching
❓A list of questions you should prepare for
📋UX interview checklist (pre and post interview)
📙The design exercise strategy worksheet
🎯A post interview retrospective template so you can learn from each interview
Get started now!
"It helped me get hired because I had a framework to talk about the different projects I've done and how they reflect my skills and abilities."
UX Designer from Boston, MA
I'm Sarah Doody, nice to meet you!
Before you ask,
YES this is my real hair!
- 2015: Founded The UX Notebook, a weekly UX email and education collective focused on helping people learn how to think like a designer.
- 2012: Went full time as self employed with my own UX consulting business.
- 2011: Co-created curriculum for and taught General Assembly's first ever 12-week User Experience Design course.
- 2007: Moved to NYC to get started in the roller coaster world of tech startups.
Some of the places I've taught, spoke, & written: