Do you feel disconnected from your users?
- Is getting buy-in for research a struggle?
- Are you tried of your team "guessing" about which features to build?
- Do you want to use data to drive product and design decisions..
- Are you overwhelmed trying to figure out where to start when it comes to actually doing research? Tried of all that Googling?
- Do you struggle to figure out how to do research without slowing down the development process?
Do more user research & usability tests so you can create a product customers love.
"This program helped me do my first user interview a few weeks ago, and the interview guide is pure GOLD."
Web Developer from, London, England
User Research Mastery
A step-by-step blueprint to help you and your team do user research interviews and usability tests.
Here's what you'll learn in User Research Mastery:
🔮 How to get buy in for user research from executives and stakeholders.
🔬 How to decide what to research and which method to use.
👀 What to write in a screener so you can talk to the right research participants.
⭐️ How to find research participants on your own or with a recruiting firm.
💬 What you must have in a discussion guide and interview script.
🔎 How to make sense of & present your research findings.
🚀 How to integrate research into your UX process.
📕 How to make research a habit and not a one time thing.
Take an inside look at what you get in User Research Mastery.
I'm Sarah Doody, nice to meet you!
Before you ask,
YES this is my real hair!
- 2015: Founded The UX Notebook, a weekly UX email and education collective focused on helping people learn how to think like a designer.
- 2012: Went full time as self employed with my own UX consulting business.
- 2011: Co-created curriculum for and taught General Assembly's first ever 12-week User Experience Design course.
- 2007: Moved to NYC to get started in the roller coaster world of tech startups.
Some of the places I've taught, spoke, & written:
"I got more from this program than from some in-class courses and conferences."
UX Designer from Vancouver, Canada
Templates & Resources To Ensure You Reach Your Research Goals
- Research Goals Template
Align stakeholder expectations and get buy-in for research.
- Participant Screener Template
Ensure that you identify and find the right participants for your research.
- Interview Discussion Guide & Script
Learn how to structure an interview and how to ask the right questions at the right time.
- 35 Example Interview Questions
Tthese questions will help you write an effective interview script and discussion guide.
- Research Project Checklist
A 65-point checklist of all the details you could consider when planning research.
- Template For Note-Taking
Establishing a structure for note-taking makes reviewing your research findings later.
- Findings Presentation Layout
It's one thing to do the research, it's another thing to present the findings in a meaningful way.
Get started now!
Over 100 people have done this program.
Here's what some of them have to say:
"I consider this course part of my support system! It helps you to have those difficult conversations with stakeholders who may be resistant to research. The course is a fantastic refresher / companion for someone who does search regularly and a great guide for someone who is just starting or wants to do more research. "
- Olya, Product Manager in New York City
"Great materials. Well organized. Great integration of video, worksheets, Slack and Office Hours."
- Andrew, UX Director in Santa Ana, California
"I learned a TON about UX overall, which I very much needed and the templates are extremely helpful to jumpstart my team in the research world."
- Jared, UX Designer in Austin, Texas